Thursday, June 14, 2012

Carlisle Architecture



We LOVED all the old architecture out here! I wish I had taken more photos!
Most of the photos are from Carlisle but some are of surrounding counties.





 





A lot of the barns, we noticed, had decorative holes in the brickwork. Not sure exactly why that is... air flow or to let small winged animals in and out?


 This is the aftermath of our minor tornado back in May 2011. This is the house right across the street from us. Picture taken from our doorstep.




 I love the detail these houses possess






The tree in this picture is still standing it's branches just brush the ground



Most of the homes in downtown Carlisle, where we lived, are row homes. which in the beginning I did not like but they have grown on me. Unfortunately I didn't take any good pictures depicting those homes, instead they are mostly detached homes.

P.S. There are more houses that have something other than red brick or stone but apparently I'm not as drawn to them.

1 comment:

  1. I like the architecture there too! You didn't take pictures of your house? I did on one of my blog posts when I visited you last year.

    ReplyDelete